Thera-Tree®: An Innovative Tool for Therapy and Performance
Thera-Tree® is non-riding device for performance enhancement and therapy. It is used for therapy, optimized performance, recovery and relaxation.
- Alleviates back pain along the topline
- Reduces tightness and stiffness in muscles and joints
- Promotes wellness by optimizing cellular function
- Increases hydration
- Reduces digestive disorders
- Reduces inflammation
- Treats kissing spine
- Pre-ride use allows horses to begin their work limber, pain-free, relaxed, and focused
- Improves cardiovascular performance
- Helps to normalize sweat levels
- Reduces or eliminates “cold back”
- Post-ride use promotes cardiovascular & respiratory recovery
- Relieves muscle soreness & fatigue after exertion
- Reduces anxiety and stress during farrier or veterinarian visits making a safer experience for horse and human
- Reduces stress, anxiety & tension during & after shipping, training, competing
- Promotes relaxation in horses that are stall bound or on restricted movement- like in a trailer
- Reduces stall walking
- Daily use creates happier horses
- Eases anxiety in transporting
- Smooths loading/unloading and general trailering experience
- Essential for frequent transports- keeps horses calm before competitions and lessons
The Science Behind Thera-Tree® and SmartRideRx™
What it Does
We believe the Thera-Tree® affects the electromagnetic field around the horse in the far infrared (FIR) part of the spectrum. The SmartRide Rx and Thera-Tree® technology works because of the combination of its materials, processes and geometry. We believe our Thera-Tree® creates voltage by means of a piezoelectic effect. This voltage is partially stored in the polymer through capacitance and re-radiated via the carbon fiber as an electromagnetic field in the infrared. In other words, the Thera-Tree® creates a charge, which is partially stored like a battery, and this charge affects the electromagnetic field around the Thera-Tree and your horse.
Why it Works
Far Infrared energy (FIR) is known to reduce inflammation, lessen pain and promote healing. Infrared light is part of the beneficial light spectrum the sun provides from dawn to dusk. It is also used worldwide for medical treatment applications. The health benefits cited in studies match up with those observed in horses who have been experiencing our SmartRide Rx and Thera-Tree® technology for the past 5 years: significant improvements in hydration, skin quality, muscle tone and recovery, joint flexibility, relaxation, digestive functioning, cardiovascular performance and lymphatic system circulation.
Infrared light creates zones of charge differential in water which drive critical cellular functions in the body. This energy is constantly being used and needs to be resupplied. When insufficient amounts of infrared are absorbed, intracellular water becomes less biologically available and dehydration occurs. The role of the Thera-Tree® is to provide an infrared energy source essential to recharging the “water battery" within the body. This additional energy is beneficial for overall metabolic wellness and aids healing.
See links below for human studies on FIR at Nasa and NCBI
Our combination of materials, the processes used in fabrication, as well as the geometry of the Thera-Tree® all create a piezoelectric effect, which is a specific type of electrical charge. The charge generated in the Thera-Tree® has been proven and measured with a Tektronix oscilloscope in the 40-60 mv range.
The Thera-Tree® emits a field of energy, about 9 cubic feet in size, extending above, below, front and back, and to the sides. It generates a gentle radiant energy, which has been confirmed by thermal imaging.
Vatansever, F. & Hamblin, M. (2012). Far Infared Radiation (FIR): Its biological affects and medical implications. Photonics Laser Med., doi:10.1515/plm-2012-0034. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3699878/
Pollack G. (2013) The Fourth Phase of Water: Beyond Solid, Liquid, and Vapor. Seattle, WA: Ebner & Sons
Pollack G. (11/21/16) “Water, Cells, and Life” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9UC0chfXcg
Seneff S. (11/15/16) “Mineral Power for Your Body’s Electrical Supply” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDWEVXhaydc
Ho MW. (2013). “Quantum Coherent Liquid Crystalline Water & the Life-Field, part 1 of Life is Water Electric” http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Life_is_Water_Electric.php
Holland, M. (2017) Comparison of Heart Rate in a Horse using Tad Coffin Performance Saddles and a Steuben Saddle. Retrieved from: https://www.tadcoffinsaddles.com/melissa-holland